Monday, July 31, 2017

e Tip# 657 Why I Look Forward to Mondays

Why I Look Forward to Mondays

July 31, 2017
By 
Facebo
MondayYou know that dreaded ache that pounces into your soul at 8:59 pm Sunday night when you realize that your weekend is officially over. Tomorrow is Monday. And Monday means the start of the awful routine which you have now been programmed to believe is your life. I on the other hand, love Mondays. Instead of aches, a gleeful sensation of excitement fills me up on Sunday evening. Why you ask? Because Mondays are motivational. But I didn’t always feel this way? Here’s 5 tips you can use to change your view of Monday.
Tip 1: Preparation
Preparation is the key to a successful Monday. Knowing what to expect and getting ready to meet those expectations eliminates half the mental anguish that usually ends up overwhelming us on Monday. Like the great Benjamin Franklin says, “Failure to prepare, is preparing to fail.”
Tip 2: Adopt a Positive Monday Mood
This one tip can transcend through every aspect of your life. Having a positive attitude can make all the difference between a great day and bad day. On Sundays, I like to destress by writing down affirmations and mantras that make me feel empowered. I also set time to reflect on the past week and to tie up any loose ends so I feel complete and ready for new challenges. I make an effort to learn from whatever may have went wrong the previous week and find ways to improve so that those same mishaps don’t happen again.
Tip 3: Be a team player
Hopefully, you’ve had enough “me” time during your weekend. Start to look at Mondays as the start of being selfless and becoming a team player. Mondays are the start of the work week for everyone so get into the helping others frame of mind. Just as you need members of your team, expect that you will need to be available for others as well.
Tip 4: Dress to impress
This is my favorite tip of them all. Start by waking up thirty minutes earlier than usual and put a little extra love and care into your appearance. If you have a favorite blazer, Monday is the perfect occasion for it. It’s also the best time to break in those new shoes. You’d be surprised how much your appearance can liven up your mood.
Tip 5: Learn something new
It’s never too late to teach an old dog new tricks. I remember reading “How to Win Friends and Influence People” and it literally changed my life. The book helped shape my networking skills and taught me how to be a more approachable person so that I can nurture powerful professional relationships. Going back into the learning mindset we once had in school is so humbling. It gave me something to look forward to all week long.
What tips have you used to pull the best out of Monday?

www.westernct.dalecarnegie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment